Monday, April 04, 2011

New light on Lech Walesa

Andrzej Wajda, a veteran Oscar-winning film director and, at 85, presents a biopic recounting the Solidarity struggle. As The Guardian writes, Poland has had a complicated relationship with Lech Walesa. The love-hate of past years, however, is danger of fading into indifference and neglect. Poles are often surprised when foreigners ask after him, as if he is a half-forgotten uncle. Two years ago, Wajda took on another giant historical subject, the Katyn massacre of the Polish officer corps in 1940 by the Soviet NKVD. Wajda says: "This is not going to be a critical film about Walesa. I see no point. It's not the moment."

I just found that the author of the article, Julian Borger,  has some good articles about Poland has some here

Read de article here.

And more about Lech Walesa here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great poѕt. I wаs checκing сonstantly this ωеblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful info specifically the closing part :) I handle such info a lot. I was looking for this particular info for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck.

My web page :: Heraudition.Com

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i am happy to show that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot unquestionably will make certain to do not overlook this website and provides it a look regularly.

Also visit my web-site :: simply click the up coming internet site

sitemeter



Followers